November 27, 2018
Try These Trip Planning/Ridesharing Apps!
by Korrea Johnston
We all know that Uber, Lyft, and Via are great ride-hailing apps, but they aren’t the only apps out there to help you catch a ride and ease the burden of commuting. The mobile apps below could provide you with more transit options, in addition to the traditional rail, bike, and bus.
- Citymapper is the ultimate transport app that uses open data, mobile, and payment technology to make transport sustainable and hassle free. It’s particularly useful for bike and dock availability.
- CityMotion is an app that provides real-time information for all your mobility options anywhere and everywhere you go. Data is sorted by what’s most useful at the exact time and moment you open the app.
- Free2Move app gives you access to all the shared cars, scooters, bikes, and rides in your city right in the palm of your hand.
- Sameride is an on-demand carpool app specifically for express lane commutes. Users can find commuting partners a week or even a few hours before their commute.
- incenTrip is a multimodal trip planning and traveler information app with a twist. Users can earn reward points for each trip you plan with incenTrip and exchange reward points for your gift cards, transit passes, EZ pass credits, rideshare, or cash.
- Waze Carpool connects drivers and riders going in the same direction. The app also allows you to choose the people you want to carpool with based on detailed profiles, star ratings, and filters like same-gender & coworkers only.
- Google Commute is the new feature on Google Maps that allows users to take control of their daily commute. The new commute tab that provides one-tap access to live traffic and transit information tailored to your commute.
Need more assistance with planning your commute? Check out goDCgo’s Interactive Map!