December 2, 2021
Five Tips to Attract DC Business Travelers to Your Hotel
by Korrea Johnston
According to data from trivago, 43% of travelers are booking hotel stays for trips that occur during the workweek. That means a lot of people travel for business purposes that includes corporate, group, government, and other commercial categories. Prior to the pandemic, business travel was the hotel industry’s largest source of revenue, accounting for about 70% of all global revenue for high-end hotel chains.
Is your property set up for the business savvy visitor? Though the industry is making a slow return, you can prepare by getting ahead of the curve and updating your hotel amenities to accommodate corporate travelers who care about work-life balance, even when traveling. Review our tips below to see what you can do to help your guests travel smarter, not harder.
- Location and Accessibility: This is a top priority when it comes to getting booked by business travelers. Proximity is great for their productivity because it limits in-city travel time, allowing more time to get work done. Providing guests with transportation information from the airport to your hotel prior to their arrival can create a stress-free experience. Also, if your property is located close to popular attractions or transit hubs, a custom goDCgo Get Around Guide can help your guests understand their transportation options near your property to easily get around for meetings and events, plus explore and experience DC. Be sure to promote these perks!
- Bikeshare: Business travelers want to maintain a healthy lifestyle even when they’re many miles away from home. In addition to an on-site fitness center, offering complimentary bikes or bikeshare provides a healthy and convenient option for your guests to take a quick ride to visit sites, get to a meeting, or simply to take a break for some fresh air. The experts at goDCgo can help you set up this valued amenity.
- Business Amenities: Offering fast, reliable internet service, specifically WiFi, that is easy to connect to is attractive to corporate travelers so they can go on with their busy workday(s). If you offer free internet service, prominently display the login details throughout your hotel. In guest rooms, providing a dedicated workspace with a comfortable desk, good lighting, and plenty of conveniently-located power outlets provides an office setting right in the comfort of your hotel.
- Business Facilities: Alternative workspaces outside of guest rooms can provide much needed respite for corporate travelers, especially an on-site coffee shop or lounge area. Conference rooms and other meeting spaces are also highly sought after because they allow for business meetings, networking, and brainstorming with clients. Having these amenities eliminates the need for your guests to travel to a shared workspace away from the property. Your hotel could earn some bonus business traveler points by providing AV equipment, such as projectors and screens, where guests can quickly and easily plug-in their laptops. You should also consider an accessible 24/7 business center for faxing and/or printing needs.
- Transportation Resources: On top of a great location, an ideal hotel for business travelers takes the stress away from commutes by offering complimentary shuttle service, at least for getting to/from the airport. Other options include:
- Installing lobby transit displays that provide real-time information about nearby transportation options.
- Installing a bike rack outside your hotel. Request a FREE bike rack installation by calling 311 or visiting the website.
- Purchasing 24-hour Capital Bikeshare passes that can be sold or offered to guests as a complimentary amenity.
- Providing complimentary transportation information like maps, brochures, and custom Get Around Guides detailing transportation options near your hotel.
- Training and educating your concierge and guest services staff about local transportation options. Knowledgeable staff members who recommend best routes can really help travelers get to where they need to go for work meetings, events, etc.
- Distributing complimentary pre-loaded SmarTrip cards for guests to try public transit.
Schedule a complimentary consultation with goDCgo’s Hospitality Services Team for assistance with any of the above transportation resources. We’re here to help you become a more standout, sustainable property by accommodating corporate guest commutes!